A fire risk assessment is a survey of your business premises to identify fire hazards, what you need to do to prevent fire and most importantly how to keep people safe.
Need help? Call 0161 302 0636 or Contact Us online.
To carry out the assessment you must:-
- Identify the fire hazards.
- Identify people at risk.
- Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks.
- Record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training.
- Review and update the fire risk assessment regularly.
You'll need to consider:-
- emergency routes and exits
- fire detection and warning systems
- fire fighting equipment
- the removal or safe storage of dangerous substances
- an emergency fire evacuation plan
- the needs of vulnerable people, for example the elderly, young children or those with disabilities
- providing information to employees and other people on the premises
- staff fire safety training
You can do the fire risk assessment yourself with the help of standard fire safety risk assessment guides. If you don't have the expertise or time to do the fire risk assessment yourself you need to appoint a 'competent person' to help, for example professional risk assessors like ourselves. Call 0161 302 0636 for immediate assistance.